Find dog parks and dog friendly places
Doggies Welcome is the largest online directory of more than 2,193 dog parks, off leash dog runs, dog friendly restaurants, dog friendly hotels and other places where dogs are welcome. Doggies Welcome is continuously updated by a growing community of dog lovers and users alike. See our pet travel guides for additional travel ideas for dogs of ALL sizes and breeds.
Using the Doggies Welcome interactive maps you can quickly find local dog parks detailed with photos, information, fees, ratings reviews and more before taking your dog. Find out if its a highly recommended dog run, bark park or open space. Also find neighborhood dog friendly restaurants and dog friendly hotels for your pet travels.
Using Doggies Welcome is 100% free, no sign-up or login required. We are ad-supported making this no cost to you!
2009 dog friendly city guides
The votes are in! If you love to travel and can’t bear the thought of leaving Fido at home we have created a guide to the top dog friendly cities where you and your pooch can shop, eat, play and sleep.
New York City
- New York City's Central Park is simply dog heaven, with its fenced-in dog parks and endless winding trails. However, if asphalt is more appealing, walk your dog along the Brooklyn Bridge. New York is one of the few major cities where doggie day-cares can be found in just about every neighborhood!
- Dog-friendly Los Angeles can mean different things to different people. To some, it means the ability to pamper dogs at a posh pet-friendly hotel, and for others, it means experiencing the best of LA together. Luckily, Los Angeles has all your dog friendly bases covered, offering up services, dog parks and activities that specifically cater to your dog.
- San Francisco boasts plenty of dog-friendly dining in addition to off-leash dog beaches and outdoor areas. Dogs are even welcome to ride in the cable cars or walk alongside their owners across the Golden Gate Bridge!
- Boston invites dogs to tour the harbor by boat, as long as their dog owners come along! Walk your dog along the famous Freedom Trail while exploring the numerous historical sites that Boston has to offer. Even the transportation is dog friendly; leashed dogs are even welcome on the subway.
- Chicago provides canine cruises across the famed Navy Pier, as well as dog-welcoming patio restaurants throughout the city. Chicago is also home to an assortment of dog resorts and doggy daycares.
There's nothing better than enjoying the great outdoors with a few good friends, but what if your friends are among the four-legged set? The United States offers several thousand parks where dogs are free to socialize, romp and play to their heart's content. In general, dog parks are open from dawn to dusk. Most are fenced, some with separate areas for large and small dogs. You're expected to clean up after your dog, be able to produce proof of vaccinations and obey park guidelines about where dogs can roam on and off their leashes.
Dog Parks, Dog Runs and Bark Parks
A designated dog park is usually located within a larger park, the dog specific park allows dogs to play, frolic and run free within a fenced-off, leash free area. Although dog parks vary greatly in size and amenities, they are largely defined by the fences that surround them. Unlike legal off-leash dog exercise areas of regular parks, dog parks physically separate the animals and those who enjoy their company from those who do not. There in this giant playpen, the supervised dogs can run and play off-leash, freely and safely, while owners are free to relax alone or socialize with one another. Dog runs are specifically designed parks with a dedicated fenced area where owners can exercise their dogs, letting them roam without wearing leashes. However, unlike a dog park, a dog run usually doesn’t have on-site water or dispensers.
Add a dog friendly place
Know of a fun, clean and safe dog park in your area, or of a great local doggie boutique… please share your pet-friendly haunts with us. Suggest a dog-friendly place!
Enter an address, city, state or zip
(e.g. New York, NY or 10023)
Select a major city
| Albuquerque, NM |
Colorado Springs, CO
Las Vegas, NV
Los Angeles, CA
| Minneapolis, MN |
New York, NY
San Diego, CA
San Francisco, CA
San Jose, CA
Santa Rosa, CA
Browse by city, state...
Guides to where your doggies are welcome
Welcome dog lovers! These dog friendly guides are written with one goal in mind; to allow you to spend more time with your faithful canine companion while exploring all your local neighborhood has to offer.
Our pick of stores selling healthy organic, natural and holistic dog foods and treats.
For your posh puppy, pet boutiques offer designer dog clothes, stylish carrying cases and many other...
Pet bakeries specializes in healthy dog treats that are fresh baked with all natural ingredients.
Just like daycare for human babies, the right doggy daycare offers much for your social dog.
Traveling with your dog has become more and more convenient these days with an abundance of dog frie...
Your pooch doesn't have to cramp your style--in fact, at these dog-friendly parks, restaurants, shop...
If there's one thing Angelenos love more than the prospect of fame and the perfect tan, it's our fur...
We've sniffed out the San Francisco's best ideas for a day of doggie fun. Find San Francisco's top d...
We've found Boston's best dog friendly spots for a day of doggie excitement. Whether you're hungry, ...
Chicago offers your dog some of the most pet-friendly places available. From upscale shopping, eatin...
A growing number of hotels are putting out the 'vacancy' sign for every member of the family, no mat...